Congratulations to the following students from our class who have PERFECT ATTENDANCE for the 1st 9 weeks:
**These students will have a FREE DRESS DOWN DAY on Wednesday, October 17th.**
Performing Arts Day Announcement:
CALLING ALL TALENTED PARENTS! Teasley’s Performing Arts Day is on January 18th this year, and we need volunteers to present and perform for homeroom classes. If you have a talent for visual or performing arts and availability to present during the school day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your art form, times you are available, and the space or equipment you would need.
A message from Teasley's Mosaic Committee:
Attention Teasley families! Teasley Elementary is excited to celebrate the diversity of our community this school year. To help us get to know you better, please complete the following survey. We look forward to hearingfrom you!
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
Teasley's Career Day is on Friday October 19, 2018.
We’re looking for energetic presenters from a broad range of careers. If you or someone you know will be able to join us on Career Day, please fill out the form that was sent home and return it to school OR email the information to us at the email addresses below by October 1st, 2018. You will be contacted shortly after with details and a schedule. Thank you!
Please contact us with any questions.
Teasley School Counselors
Corinna Oliver (Corinna.Oliver@cobbk12.org) 770-437-5945 ext.-229
Sherise Harris (Sherise.Harris @cobbk12.org) 770-437-5945 ext. 230
We are also looking for volunteers who would like to help us with Career Day Support. If you would like to help, but don’t want to present, we can still use your help. Support people can use the Sign-up Genius below:
October 15-19 Conference Week- Early Release All Week
October 19- Career Day
October 23- Spirit Night- Grub Burger
October 26- Talent Show- 3rd-5th
October 30-Tiger Trot Kick-off
October 31- Halloween/Boo Grams
November 2- All Pro Dads
November 9- Tiger Trot
November 12-16- Scholastic Book Fair
November 15- Thanksgiving Feast
November 16- Mrs. Wardell's Last Day Before Maternity Leave
November 19-23- Thanksgiving Break
IB Unit 2: We Can Work It Out
- Central Idea: Living things adapt to survive.
- Learner Profile Traits: Knowledgeable, Thinker
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Settlements depend on topographical features.
- American Indians use their environment in different ways.
- Northeast and Southeast Woodland and Plains American Indians.
- Major rivers and mountain ranges in the US
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RI3.2- Describe the main idea of a text, recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- RI3.4/ RL3.4- Determine the meaning of a word as it is used in context.
- SS3H.1-Describe early American Indian cultures and their development in North America.
- SS3G,1-Locate major topographical features on a physical map of the United States.
- SS3G.3- Describe how physical systems affect human systems.
- 3.OA.9- Finding patterns on a multiplication chart