Conference week is rapidly approaching! We are using Sign-Up Genius again this year. I sent out the link via email on Monday, October 1st and have posted it below. Please sign up for a time slot if you have not already done so and use the link to confirm your time as next week approaches!
Sweet Treats and Small Moments is THIS Thursday, October 11th at 8:00am. It is also an early release day. Parents are invited to come and share in some yummy treats and to hear from our incredible 3rd grade authors!
Our class t-shirt order forms went home last Friday. The cost is $6. Please return the order form and $6 by Friday, October 12th.
A message from Teasley's Mosaic Committee:
Attention Teasley families! Teasley Elementary is excited to celebrate the diversity of our community this school year. To help us get to know you better, please complete the following survey. We look forward to hearing from you!https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeV4XpwKyxbLJd6htWrAcO1GmFtGyL2YuumAZ10xiJUgRZIRA/viewform?c=0&w=1
Frozen Friday Announcement
Support our 5th graders by purchasing a FROZEN FRIDAY pass. With a FROZEN FRIDAY pass, your child will receive a real fruit, no sugar added frozen treat every Friday of the school year. You can purchase an annual pass for $25 or a quarterly pass for $10. Buying an annual pass saves you $5! See the order form for additional details.
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
Teasley's Career Day is on Friday October 19, 2018.
We’re looking for energetic presenters from a broad range of careers. If you or someone you know will be able to join us on Career Day, please fill out the form that was sent home and return it to school OR email the information to us at the email addresses below by October 1st, 2018. You will be contacted shortly after with details and a schedule. Thank you!
Please contact us with any questions.
Teasley School Counselors
Corinna Oliver (Corinna.Oliver@cobbk12.org) 770-437-5945 ext.-229
Sherise Harris (Sherise.Harris @cobbk12.org) 770-437-5945 ext. 230
We are also looking for volunteers who would like to help us with Career Day Support. If you would like to help, but don’t want to present, we can still use your help. Support people can use the Sign-up Genius below:
October 11- Early Release
October 11- Sweet Treats and Small Moments Writing Celebration 8:00am
October 15-19 Conference Week
October 19- Career Day
October 23- Spirit Night- Grub Burger
October 26- Talent Show- 3rd-5th
October 30-Tiger Trot Kick-off
October 31- Halloween/Boo Grams
November 2- All Pro Dads
November 9- Tiger Trot
November 12-16- Scholastic Book Fair
November 15- Thanksgiving Feast
November 16- Mrs. Wardell's Last Day Before Maternity Leave
November 19-23- Thanksgiving Break
IB Unit 2: We Can Work It Out
- Central Idea: Living things adapt to survive.
- Learner Profile Traits: Knowledgeable, Thinker
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Settlements depend on topographical features.
- American Indians use their environment in different ways.
- Northeast and Southeast Woodland and Plains American Indians.
- Major rivers and mountain ranges in the US
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RI3.2- Describe the main idea of a text, recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- RI3.4/ RL3.4- Determine the meaning of a word as it is used in context.
- SS3H.1-Describe early American Indian cultures and their development in North America.
- SS3G,1-Locate major topographical features on a physical map of the United States.
- SS3G.3- Describe how physical systems affect human systems.
- NBT.1- Rounding to the nearest 10 and nearest 100.
- Continue to review addition and subtraction within 1,000.
- Narrative Writing
- The craft of narrative writing
- Editing skills
- Publishing and Typing!