Multiplication Practice Websites
Hit The Button- Multiplication
Operation Christmas Child
A small group of 3rd grade girls are getting into the holiday spirit of giving and would like to get some of the 3rd grade classes involved! Operation Christmas Child collects shoe boxes filled with gifts and delivers them to children in need around the world. Every one of these boxes is an opportunity to show love and kindness. Please help us fill 2 shoe boxes, one for a girl and one for a boy, with new items such as small toys, small stuffed animals, dress up items, small sports toys, school supplies and anything else that you think a 5 to 9 year old would enjoy! Please no liquids or food. Please send your items in by Friday, November 16th. Thank you so much for helping these girls bring some joy to precious children in need.
Performing Arts Day Announcement:
CALLING ALL TALENTED PARENTS! Teasley’s Performing Arts Day is on January 18th this year, and we need volunteers to present and perform for homeroom classes. If you have a talent for visual or performing arts and availability to present during the school day, please email email@example.com with your art form, times you are available, and the space or equipment you would need.
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
November 12-16- Scholastic Book Fair
November 15- Thanksgiving Feast
November 16- Mrs. Wardell's Last Day Before Maternity Leave
November 19-23- Thanksgiving Break
December 11- 4th and 5th Chorus Concert
December 13-14- The Giving Market
December 21- Dress Down Day
IB Unit 2: Across the Universe
- Central Idea: Exploration leads to discoveries, opportunities, and challenges.
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Conflict between the Indians and Explorers causes destruction.
- Explorers cooperated with Indians to accomplish their goals.
- Explorers had many motivations for their journey to North America.
- Student project/presentation on explorers in their research groups.
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RI3.2- Describe the main idea of a text, recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- RI3.4/ RL3.4- Determine the meaning of a word as it is used in context.
- SS3H2- Describe European exploration in North America.
a. Describe the reasons for and obstacles to the exploration of North America.
b. Describe the accomplishments of: John Cabot (England), Vasco Núñez de Balboa (Spain), Hernando de Soto (Spain), Christopher Columbus(Spain), Henry Hudson (The Netherlands), and Jacques Cartier (France).
c. Describe examples of cooperation and conflict between European explorers and American Indians.
SS3G2- Locate and describe the equator, prime meridian, and lines of latitude and longitude on a globe.
SS3G3.b- Describe how the early explorers (SS3H2a) adapted, or failed to adapt, to the various physical environments in which they traveled.
- 3.W.2- Informational Writing- Researching topics of interest, collecting various types or information, organizing our thoughts, utilizing non-fiction text features in our informational writing.
- 3.OA.5- Students will use properties of multiplication and division to solve equations. (Associative Property, Commutative Property, Distributive Property)