VERY IMPORTANT!! Permission slips and letters went home for our first field trip last week. We are headed to the zoo on Thursday, September 20th. We have an extremely quick turn around on this, so please fill it out and send it back with the money envelope as soon as possible. They are due on Friday, September 14th!
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! As we jump into a new school year, the Teasley Attendance Team wants to reward those students who come to school on time every day. Students who have perfect attendance at the end of the first 9 weeks, ending on Wednesday, October 10th, will receive a free dress down day, a surprise treat, and 1 entry into the end of the year drawing for a BRAND NEW BIKE! Furthermore, those students who have perfect attendance for the entire school year will have the opportunity to participate in a end of year celebration during the last week of school as well as FOUR entries into the drawing for the bike! Thank you so much for your support with getting your student to school on time every day.
September 13-17- IOWA Testing
September 11- Willy's Spirit Night
September 13, 14, 17, 18- IOWA Testing
September 20- PTA/ Paws Meeting
September 21- $1 Dress Down Day
September 24-28- Fall Break
IB Unit 2: We Can Work It Out
- Central Idea: Living things adapt to survive.
- Learner Profile Traits: Knowledgeable, Thinker
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Plants and animals adapt to survive in their habitats.
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RL3.1- Ask and answer questions using text evidence.
- Using the RACE Strategy to answer questions in writing
- Restate the question
- Answer the question
- Cite Evidence
- Explain your evidence
- RI3.4/ RL3.4- Determine the meaning of a word as it is used in context.
- S3L1- Obtain, evaluate, & communicate information about the similarities & differences between plants, animals, & habitats found within geographic regions (Blue Ridge Mtns., Piedmont, Coastal Plains, valley & Ridge, and Appalachian Plateau) of Georgia
- NBT.2- Add and Subtract within 1,000 (Using multiple strategies)
- Vocabulary- addend, sum, difference, equation
- Parent Video to see strategies that will be used throughout this unit under the curriculum videos tab.
- Narrative Writing
- The craft of narrative writing
- Editing skills