Field Trip Announcement:
Please send lunches in a disposable sack for those that are bringing a lunch. We will be limited on bus space, so not having to bring that back would be hugely helpful.
Please have students wear their gray field day shirt from last year with standard attire pants. Since our 3rd grade shirt orders have not been placed yet and our class has the luxury of using shirts from last year, please send them in this. If they did not purchase a gray field day shirt last year, you can send them in traditional standard attire.
Please also mark your calendars for this important upcoming event!
October 11th is an early release day, but we will also be having an Author's Tea to celebrate our 1st quarter writing! Parents are invited to come and share in some yummy treats and to hear from our incredible 3rd grade authors!
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
September 17-18- IOWA Testing
September 20- PTA/ Paws Meeting
September 20- Field Trip to the Zoo
September 21- $1 Dress Down Day
September 24-28- Fall Break
October 4- Publix Math Night
October 5- All Pro Dads
October 11- Early Release
October 11- Author's Tea
October 15-19 Conference Week
October 19- Career Day
IB Unit 2: We Can Work It Out
- Central Idea: Living things adapt to survive.
- Learner Profile Traits: Knowledgeable, Thinker
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Plants and animals adapt to survive in their habitats.
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RL3.1- Ask and answer questions using text evidence.
- Using the RACE Strategy to answer questions in writing
- Restate the question
- Answer the question
- Cite Evidence
- Explain your evidence
- RI3.4/ RL3.4- Determine the meaning of a word as it is used in context.
- S3L1- Obtain, evaluate, & communicate information about the similarities & differences between plants, animals, & habitats found within geographic regions (Blue Ridge Mtns., Piedmont, Coastal Plains, valley & Ridge, and Appalachian Plateau) of Georgia
- Plant and Animal Adaptations in relation to the Georgia regions.
- NBT.2- Add and Subtract within 1,000 (Using multiple strategies
- Solving 2 step word problems
- Vocabulary- addend, sum, difference, equation
- Parent Video to see strategies that will be used throughout this unit under the curriculum videos tab.
- Narrative Writing
- The craft of narrative writing
- Editing skills
- Publishing and Typing!