Testing Snack Sign-Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D45AFA623AA8-testing
April 1-5th- Spring Break
April 9th- Milestones Testing Window Open
April 16th-April 18th- 3rd Grade ELA Testing
April 24th- April 25th- 3rd Grade Math Testing
April 29th- May 3rd- Teacher Appreciation Week
April 30th- Spirit Night at Wade's
- RI.6- Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of the text
- RI.4- Determine the meaning of domain and content specific words within context
- S3E.2- Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about the ways heat energy is transfered and measured.
- Ask questions to identify sources of heat energy. (Clarification statement:Examples could include sunlight, friction, and burning.)
- Plan & carry out an investigation to gather data using thermometers to produce tables & charts that illustrate the effect of sunlight on various objects (Clarification statement:The use of both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales is expected.
- Use tools & every day materials to design & construct a device/ structure that will increase/ decrease the warming effects of sunlight on various materials.
- ELA.W.2-Write informative and explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information
- ELA.W.3- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences.
- Constructed and Extended Responses with non-fiction texts (Focusing on Fossils)
- 3.G.1-Understand that shapes in different categories (e.g., rhombuses, rectangles, and others) may share attributes (e.g., having four sides), and that the shared attributes can define a larger category (e.g., quadrilaterals). Recognize rhombuses, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals, and draw examples of quadrilaterals that do not belong to any of these subcategories.
- 3.OA.8- Students will solve two-step word problems using the 4 operations. They will represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. They will assess the reasonableness of the answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.