Conference week is rapidly approaching! We are going to use Sign-Up Genius to sign up again this year. I will be sending out the link via email on Monday, October 1st promptly at 2:45pm and will post the link to the blog shortly there after. Please sign up for a time slot ASAP so that we can make sure we have time to chat about your fabulous children! Stay tuned for more information!
Please also mark your calendars for this important upcoming event!
October 11th is an early release day, but we will also be having a Sweet Treats and Small Moments Writing Celebration to celebrate our 1st quarter writing! Parents are invited to come and share in some yummy treats and to hear from our incredible 3rd grade authors!
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
Publix Math Night
Please join us for a math scavenger hunt at Publix where students will discover how to connect math concepts with real world experiences. Please plan to attend with your child.
When: Thursday, October 4
Where: Publix Paces Ferry Center, 2451 Cumberland Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA, 30339
Time: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. (Teachers will be present until 6:30 p.m.)
Teasley's Career Day is on Friday October 19, 2018.
We’re looking for energetic presenters from a broad range of careers. If you or someone you know will be able to join us on Career Day, please fill out the form that was sent home and return it to school OR email the information to us at the email addresses below by October 1st, 2018. You will be contacted shortly after with details and a schedule. Thank you!
Please contact us with any questions.
Teasley School Counselors
Corinna Oliver (Corinna.Oliver@cobbk12.org) 770-437-5945 ext.-229
Sherise Harris (Sherise.Harris @cobbk12.org) 770-437-5945 ext. 230
We are also looking for volunteers who would like to help us with Career Day Support. If you would like to help, but don’t want to present, we can still use your help. Support people can use the Sign-up Genius below:
September 24-28- Fall Break
October 1- Sign-Up Genius for Conference Week Emailed/Posted at 2:45
October 4- Publix Math Night
October 5- All Pro Dads
October 11- Early Release
October 11- Sweet Treats and Small Moments Writing Celebration 8:00am
October 15-19 Conference Week
October 19- Career Day
IB Unit 2: We Can Work It Out
- Central Idea: Living things adapt to survive.
- Learner Profile Traits: Knowledgeable, Thinker
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Settlements depend on topographical features.
- American Indians use their environment in different ways
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RL3.1- Ask and answer questions using text evidence.
- Using the RACE Strategy to answer questions in writing
- Restate the question
- Answer the question
- Cite Evidence
- Explain your evidence
- RI3.4/ RL3.4- Determine the meaning of a word as it is used in context.
- SS3H.1-Describe early American Indian cultures and their development in North America.
- SS3G,1-Locate major topographical features on a physical map of the United States.
- SS3G.3- Describe how physical systems affect human systems.
- NBT.1- Rounding to the nearest 10 and nearest 100.
- Continue to review addition and subtraction within 1,000.
- Narrative Writing
- The craft of narrative writing
- Editing skills
- Publishing and Typing!