Next week, we will continue to do many of the beginning of the year assessments as well as familiarizing ourselves with our various workshop models and our first IB unit. You can find the curriculum updates below.
August 14- ASP Open House
August 20- Fall Picture Day
August 21- Room Parent Orientation
August 21- Los Bravos Spirit Night
August 24- All Pro Dads
August 30- PTA and IB information Night
- Integrated Reading:
- RL3.3- Characters- how do characters emotions, thoughts, and actions affect the story.
- SS3CG2- Explain the necessity of respecting the rights of others and promoting the common good. Explain the necessity of obeying reasonable laws/rules voluntarily, and explain why it is important for citizens in a democratic society to participate in public (civic) life (staying informed, voting, volunteering, and communicating with public officials).
- Introduction to Reader's Workshop
- OA.1- Multiplication and Division- Composing and decomposing equal groups
- Introduction to writer's workshop
- Setting writing goals
- Generating ideas
- Narrative writing
- IB Unit 1: Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
- Central Idea: Citizens of the world contribute to common good.
- Learner Profiles: Reflective, Caring, Communicator, Principled
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Citizens contribute to the common good.
- Citizens should follow rules and laws.