As the year winds down, we have special events and assignments planned almost everyday. Due to that, we will not be using the dojo behavior management system for the rest of the year. We have had a class meeting to discuss the expectations for behavior and work and students know that in order to participate in all of the fun we have planned, they need to continue to behave the way I now they can. If there are any issues, they will be addressed via the agenda. Please be sure to check it nightly. Thank you for your cooperation with this!
Field day shirts were sent home. Students are NOT to wear shirts until Thursday, May 10th for Field day. If you are able, please sign up to volunteer for field day! I know our students would LOVE to see you there! It promises to be a fun day! Please also be sure to apply sunscreen before sending them to school on Thursday. It is going to be a beautiful day, but we want to be smart in the heat of a long day. Also, if your child did not order a field day shirt, please send them in a gray t-shirt. Our class Field Day shirts are gray and it will be fun to look like one unified team! Thank you for your cooperation with this!
Field Day Volunteer Sign-Up: http://signup.com/go/SQbqPBF
With the end of the year, comes lots of events and fun! Please be sure to be mindful of the dates below and fell free to let me know if you have any questions!
May 10th- K-2 Field Day
May 11th- 3-5 Field Day
May 14th- ALL library books need to be returned to the media center!
May 14th- BOGO Book Fair begins
May 16th @9:15 in the Cafe- Awards Day- If your child is receiving an award you will receive an invitation shortly.
May 18th and 19th- Teasley Musical
May 22nd and 23rd- Early Release
May 23rd- LAST DAY OF SECOND GRADE!!!!!
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening for thirty minutes. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- Reading: Inferencing
- Review of all skills.
- EOY Assessments
- Writing: Diary Entry: From the point of view of an animal in different stages of their life cycle
- Life Cycles: Powerpoint Projects
- Math: (Review)
- Building Arrays- Connecting multiplication to repeated addition
- Addition and subtraction strategies within 1,000
- Until the end of the year we will continue to work on our math strategies withing 1,000. These strategies include: Open Number Line, Place Value, Expanded Form, and Base 10. We also use Partial Sums but this is an addition strategy only.
- Please do not teach your child the standard algorithm (Carrying and borrowing). This is not yet developmentally appropriate or conceptual for their understanding.
- One and Two Step Word Problems within 100
- Please continue to count your pennies, nickles, and dimes, and quarters and practice telling time to the nearest half and quarter hour.