Conference Week Sign-Up
A huge thank you and gracias for all of the donations and help with a wonderful Hispanic Heritage Day and fiesta. We had such a fun time creating pinatas, eating nachos, and sharing our knowledge of Mexico this week. None of it would have been possible without your support, so THANK YOU!
Career day is this Friday, October 20th and our counselors are still looking for help! Please see the blurb and link below from our counselors.
Parents, we need extra volunteers to assist with helping Career Day run smoothly. If you are available to help, please check out the Sign-up Genius below:
Thanks, The Counselors
October 16th-20th Conference Week (Early Release all week)
October 20th- Career Day
October 26th-Bella's Spirit Night
October 27th- $1 Spirit Day
October 31st- Boo Grams
November 2nd- 2nd Grade Performance
November 3rd- All Pro Dads
November 7th- No School for Students
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- Describe how words and phrases supply rhythm and meaning to stories and poems.
- Non-Fiction Texts in small group- Text features, asking and answering questions
- Retelling the Beginning, Middle, and End of a literature text.
- You can have your student write a short 2 sentences about the beginning, the middle, and the end for extra practice.
- Fluency- Reading like we talk, changing our voice when reading quotes
- Phonics Focus: Bossy R, Review of C vs K, CK, H Brothers, Blends, Floss Rule
- Learned Words
- Daily 5 Centers
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading
- Informational Writing
- Biographies about a classmate
- Continued studies of the Creek and Cherokee Native Americans
- Contributions of Sequoyah
- Addition and Subtraction within 100 using Base 10 pictures and the Place Value strategy (Please see curriculum videos tab. You will also be getting a "cheat sheet" at conferences to help with strategies)
- Number talks will focus fact fluency
- Please continue to count your pennies, nickles, and dimes and practice telling time to the nearest hour and half hour.