Last week information came home regarding our Thanksgiving Feast. Our class will have the pleasure of feasting on Thursday, November 16th at 12:40pm. If you are planning on attending, please be sure to send the reservation form back in by Wednesday, November 8th so that our cafeteria can plan accordingly! Thanks :)
Tiger Trot fundraising has kicked off! Our goal is for our team, Wardell's Warriors to have 100% class participation. You should have received your pledge packets last week. Please be sure to register students and share with loved ones. Students will be running on Friday, November 10th. We are really hoping to raise the funds we need for a new field!
This Thursday, November 2nd, 2nd grade will be participating in a specials Veteran's Day performance. Students have been working with Mrs. Mungin to prepare. Please have all students to our classroom by 5:45 pm to prepare for a 6:30 start to the performance. Students should wear red, white, and blue attire. Please also see the message below for more specific details :
Good Day Teasley Parents,
We are gearing up for our annual Veteran’s Day Celebration. Our fabulous 2nd Graders will entertain us with song, dance and spoken word as we honor those who have served our country. All are welcome to attend our celebration November 2nd at 6:30 in the Teasley Gym.
We would love to recognize moms, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles, neighbors and family friends who have served in any branch of the military at our program. If you know of anyone who would be a great honoree, please have them to sign up using the Google Link below. We are hoping for a great turn out. It will be an honor to see and shake hands of all who have served.
Deadline for honorees is November 1st.
Thank you so much for spreading the word about our program and we hope that you will join us.
Also, changes have been made to your Biblionasium log in by the county. Students received a bookmark with updated information. Also, please see information below from Mrs. Crosby:
Cobb Digital Library Home Access Update:
The Cobb Digital Library login has changed! The login credentials are now the same as your child’s Office 365 login.
www.mackinvia.com AND O365:
Password: Computer / Network password
The Biblionasium/Destiny login credentials have NOT changed. Students will still use their student number and computer / network password to access these databases.
October 30th- Pumpkin Book Reports Due
October 31st- Boo Grams
November 2nd- 2nd Grade Performance
November 3rd- All Pro Dads
November 7th- No School for Students
November 10th- Tiger Trot
November 16th- Thanksgiving Feast @12:40
November 17th- Dress Down Day $1
November 20-24th- Thanksgiving Break
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- How to read non-fiction vs. fiction texts
- Asking and Answering questions about Non-Fiction texts
- Non-Fiction Texts in small group- Text features, asking and answering questions
- Fluency- Reading like we talk, changing our voice when reading quotes
- Phonics Focus: Magic E and Bossy R using Magic E
- Learned Words
- Daily 5 Centers
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading
- Informational Writing
- Biographies about a classmate
- Mary Musgrove, James Oglethorpe, and the settlement of Georgia
- Estimation and measurement using inches, feet, and yards
- Please continue to work on 2 digit by 2 digit addition and subtraction within 100
- Example: 24+48=_____ 96-79=____
- Strategies: Base 10, Place Value, Numberline
- Example: 24+48=_____ 96-79=____
- Number talks will focus fact fluency with subtraction within 20
- Please continue to count your pennies, nickles, and dimes and practice telling time to the nearest hour and half hour.