What a whirlwind the last 9 weeks have been. I hope you and your child have seen growth academically as well as socially and emotionally! I am already blown away with how much they have matured and how much they are learning. I am excited to have this momentum moving into 2nd quarter. We have a busy few weeks coming up so be sure to check out the important dates below.
Thank you for the tremendous response to our sign-up genius for conference week. I am really looking forward to meeting with each of you to discuss your student! If you haven't yet signed up, please sign up at this link:
Conference Week Sign-Up
Hispanic Heritage Day is THIS FRIDAY! We are gearing up for an exciting week of celebrating. If you volunteered to donate supplies, please send those in NO LATER THAN Tuesday, October 10th. Food donations can be sent in on Wednesday for our Nacho bar that afternoon. I have attached the sign-up here:
Our counselors need help with Career day! Please see the blurb and link below from our counselors.
Parents, we need extra volunteers to assist with helping Career Day run smoothly. If you are available to help, please check out the Sign-up Genius below:
Thanks, The Counselors
October 10th- Heritage Day Donations Due
October 11th-Nacho Bar and in-class projects
October 12th- Early Release
October 12th- Publix Math Night @ Paces Ferry Publix 5-7pm
October 13th- Hispanic Heritage Day (Students wear Mexican Outfit to school)
October 16th-20th Conference Week (Early Release all week)
October 20th- Career Day
October 26th-Bella's Spirit Night
October 27th- $1 Spirit Day
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- Describe how words and phrases supply rhythm and meaning to stories and poems.
- We will continue to work on short retellings with beginning, middle and end.
- You can have your student write a short 2 sentences about the beginning, the middle, and the end for extra practice.
- Fluency- Reading like we talk, changing our voice when reading quotes
- Phonics Focus: Bossy R
- Learned Words (Words that don't follow phonics rules) Same as last week
- Daily 5 Centers
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading
- Non-fiction Texts- asking and answering questions
- Informational Writing
- Biographies about a classmate
- Continued studies of the Creek and Cherokee Native Americans
- Contributions of Sequoyah
- Addition and Subtraction within 100 using Base 10 pictures (Please see curriculum videos tab. You will also be getting a "cheat sheet" at conferences to help with strategies)
- Number talks will focus fact fluency
- Please continue to count your pennies, nickles, and dimes and practice telling time to the nearest hour and half hour.