We started our first IB unit this week, Who We Are, where students have been learning about how Citizens contribute to the common good. Be sure to ask them about the different character traits that contribute to the common good. Below you will find important dates and updates. Have a wonderful weekend :)
August 14- ASP Open House
August 16- Danielle's Birthday!
August 20- Fall Picture Day
August 20- Rishi's Birthday!
August 21- Room Parent Orientation
August 21- Los Bravos Spirit Night
August 24- All Pro Dads
August 30- PTA and IB information Night
August 31- Landen's Birthday!
- Integrated Reading:
- RL3.3- Characters- how do characters emotions, thoughts, and actions affect the story.
- SS3CG2- Explain the necessity of respecting the rights of others and promoting the common good. Explain the necessity of obeying reasonable laws/rules voluntarily, and explain why it is important for citizens in a democratic society to participate in public (civic) life (staying informed, voting, volunteering, and communicating with public officials).
- OA.1- Multiplication and Division- Composing and decomposing equal groups
- Narrative Writing
- Bold Beginnings, Transitions, and Concluding Sections
- IB Unit 1: Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
- Central Idea: Citizens of the world contribute to common good.
- Learner Profiles: Reflective, Caring, Communicator, Principled
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Citizens contribute to the common good.
- Citizens should follow rules and laws.