August 20- Fall Picture Day
August 20- Rishi's Birthday!
August 21- Room Parent Orientation
August 21- Los Bravos Spirit Night
August 24- All Pro Dads
August 30- PTA and IB information Night
August 31- Landen's Birthday!
IB Unit 1: Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
Central Idea: Citizens of the world contribute to common good.
Learner Profile Traits: Reflective, Caring, Communicator, Principled
Lines of Inquiry:
· Citizens contribute to the common good.
· Citizens should follow rules and laws.
· Citizens pay taxes that fund goods and services for a community.
RL3.1- Ask and answer questions using text evidence.
SS3CG2- Explain the necessity of respecting the rights of others and
promoting the common good. Explain the necessity of obeying reasonable
laws/rules voluntarily, and explain why it is important for citizens in a
democratic society to participate in public (civic) life (staying informed,
voting, volunteering, and communicating with public officials).
OA.2- Multiplication and Division-Writing an equation that accurately represents
· Vocabulary- factor, product, divisor, dividend, quotient
- You can view the following Parent Video to see strategies that will be used throughout this unit:
Writing: Narrative Writing
· Organizing an essay using paragraphs
· Using elaboration to a create a show vs. tell story
Punctuating dialogue correctly