Enjoy a 3 day weekend. Be sure to talk to your kids next week about all of the different ways they can contribute to the common good through pollution and prevention and conservation. Just a reminder that CogAT testing begins on Wednesday. Please make sure students arrive to school on time and have had a great night sleep and breakfast. I have made sure to assure children NOT to stress about this, but please reiterate this to my little worriers :) IOWA testing will begin the following week.
VERY IMPORTANT!! On Tuesday, a permission slip and letter will come home for our first field trip. We are headed to the zoo on Thursday, September 20th. We have an extremely quick turn around on this, so please fill it out and send it back with the money envelope as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your help with this matter!
Here you will find a link to our class amazon wish list. We are working towards some flexible seating options to better suit the needs of today's learners!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! As we jump into a new school year, the Teasley Attendance Team wants to reward those students who come to school on time every day. Students who have perfect attendance at the end of the first 9 weeks, ending on Wednesday, October 10th, will receive a free dress down day, a surprise treat, and 1 entry into the end of the year drawing for a BRAND NEW BIKE! Furthermore, those students who have perfect attendance for the entire school year will have the opportunity to participate in a end of year celebration during the last week of school as well as FOUR entries into the drawing for the bike! Thank you so much for your support with getting your student to school on time every day.
Back to Football Friday
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Teasley's Physical Education department is proud to partner with the NFL and their PLAY60 program to bring you BACK TO FOOTBALL Friday on September 7th. Back to Football Friday is a school-wide event that encourages students to get active and excited about the upcoming football season. Students are encouraged to wear their favorite NFL football gear. During their specials time the students will participate in football related stations testing their throwing, catching, kicking, punting, and speed/agility.
Like any school-wide event, WE NEED YOUR HELP. To volunteer please use this link http://signup.com/go/WscGUKW.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Coach Homansky at email@example.com or Coach Sonny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 3- No School- Labor Day
September 5-7 CogAT Testing
September 7- Back to Football Friday
September 13-17- IOWA Testing
September 11- Willy's Spirit Night
September 13, 14, 17, 18- IOWA Testing
September 20- PTA/ Paws Meeting
September 21- $1 Dress Down Day
September 24-28- Fall Break
IB Unit 1: Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
- Central Idea: Citizens of the world contribute to common good.
- Learner Profile Traits: Reflective, Caring, Communicator, Principled
- Lines of Inquiry:
- Citizens contribute to the common good.
- Citizens should follow rules and laws.
- Citizens pay taxes that fund goods and services for a community.
- Human action pollutes the earth.
- Lines of Inquiry:
- RL3.1- Ask and answer questions using text evidence.
- Using the RACE Strategy to answer questions in writing
- Restate the question
- Answer the question
- Cite Evidence
- Explain your evidence
- S3L2- Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about the effects of pollution (Land, water, and air)
- OA.3- One step word problems- Division vs. Multiplication and setting up an appropriate equation.
- Vocabulary- factor, product, divisor, dividend, quotientYou can view the following
- Parent Video to see strategies that will be used throughout this unit under the curriculum videos tab.
- Narrative Writing
- The craft of narrative writing
- Editing skills