What an awesome week week 4 was! Between the Solar Eclipse, Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night, Picture Day, Rootbeer Floats, and All-Pro Dads, we were busy but productive. It was so fun to see so many of out at spirit night. I loved getting to know some of your families a little better and for you to meet my (cranky but usually sweet) daughter Norah.
Thank you to those of you who have donated to the annual Paws Check Campaign. With your help, there is so much we are going to do to help our students, so THANK YOU!
I would love to begin having Mystery Readers in our class beginning in September. If this is something you are interested in and would like to volunteer, head on over to the contact page and email me. These would take place 2 Fridays a month.
Here is an important message from the Attendance Team:
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Coming to school every day on-time is a key ingredient to student success. The Teasley Attendance Team wants to reward those students who come to school ready to learn and on time every day. Any student who has perfect attendance through the end of the 1st 9 weeks, Friday, October 6th, will receive recognition for their attendance. These students will receive a free dress down day, a surprise treat, and their pictures will be featured on the WWTN news broadcast. Students who have perfect attendance for the entire school year will be invited to a special celebration during the last week of school to praise their commitment to their education. Thank you for your support in getting your student to school every day!
Don't forget to sign up to help with the Coaches for Back to Football Friday on September 8th! http://signup.com/go/TuZrdJU
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact the coaches at
Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org or Sonny.email@example.com
August 30: Early Release- Students will be dismissed 2 hours early
September 1: Dress Down Day- $1
September 1: Whole Class Library Visit
September 4: No School- Happy Labor Day!
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- Asking and Answering questions about literature
- Fluency- Reading like we talk
- Phonics Focus: Coding, Dividing, and Labeling Multi-syllabic Words
- Daily 5 Centers
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading
- How to write about a small moment (Narratives)
- This week we will be writing about a small moment with a relative or our families
- Using transition words
- Adding a sense of closure to our writing
- Collective Nouns and how to incorporate in your writing
- The 5 regions of Georgia
- Appalachian Plateau, Valley and Ridge, Blue Ridge Mountains, Piedmont, Coastal Plain
- Place Value with focus on 3 digit numbers
- Building numbers efficiently and inefficiently (42= 4 tens and 2 ones or 3 tens and 12 ones, 158= 1 Hundred 5 Tens 8 ones or 15 tens and 8 ones etc.)
- Problem solving with numbers within 20
- Number talks will focus on doubles plus/minus 1 and 2
- Fact fluency within 20