This week, we have 2 field trips. On Tuesday, we will head to the fire safety village, students should wear their class t-shirt, pants, and sneakers. Students' lunches also need to be packed in a disposable bag on this day, no physical lunchboxes please. Also, we will be outside for a good portion of the trip so they should wear a jacket. On Wednesday, we will head to the ballet. Students should dress up for the occasion. On both days, students may buy or bring a sacked lunch.
We are excited to announce our 3rd annual Barnes and Noble Night on Tuesday, December 5th 4:00-7:00 pm! Please join us for all the fun!
- Teacher and administrator read-aloud’s (Mrs. Wardell reads at 4:45)
- Gift wrapping by teachers
- Chorus performance
- Art show
At our class holiday party, we will be doing a book exchange. A note went home on Friday with the details. Please send in a new or gently-used age appropriate wrapped book to be swapped during our holiday party. Barnes and Noble night would be a great time to grab a book, get it wrapped, and support Teasley! Please email me if you have any questions or need any support. :)
From the attendance committee:
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Coming to school every day on-time is a key ingredient to student success. The Teasley Attendance Team wants to reward those students who come to school ready to learn and on time every day. Any student who has perfect attendance, (which means no excused or unexcused absences or tardies) through the end of the 2nd 9 weeks, Wednesday, December 20th, will receive recognition for their attendance. These students will receive a free dress down day, a special treat, and a brag tag for their bookbags. Students who have perfect attendance for the entire school year will be invited to a special celebration during the last week of school to praise their commitment to their education. Thank you for your support in getting your student to school every day!
Science Fair Information
Projects will be judged on Monday, January 22nd and projects will be displayed in the media center for several weeks to follow! The top 3 students per grade level will be awarded with a 1st-3rd place ribbon. All remaining participants will earn a participation ribbon! The 1st place winner from grades 3-5 will be asked to bring their project to the District Science Fair. The district science fair will be on Saturday, February 10th at Kennesaw Mountain High School.
-Please visit http://bit.ly/2yRsjrB for more information regarding the science fair and your grade level.
December 5th- Barnes and Noble Night 4-7pm (I am reading at 4:45!)
December 5th- Fire Safety Village Field Trip (Class shirt, pants, and sneakers for students)
December 6th- Nutcracker Ballet Field Trip (Students should dress up)
December 7th- Talent Show Auditions
December 11th-December 14th- Santa Shop
December 19th- Early Release
December 20th- Early Release
December 21st- January 3rd- Winter Holiday
January 4th- Students return to school
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- Idetinfyinf the author's point
- Asking and Answering questions about Non-Fiction texts
- Non-Fiction Texts in small group- Author's purpose, Cause and Effect, Main Idea, Non-Fiction Text Features
- Fluency- Reading like we talk, changing our voice when reading quotes
- Phonics Focus: Welds
- Learned Words
- Daily 5 Centers
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading
- Informational Writing
- Reports on the Creek and Cherokee Native Americans
- Grammar Focus:
- Capitalization of proper nouns
- Allocation of Goods and Services
- Price, Contest, First come first served, Command, Lottery, Sharing, Majority Rules, Force
- Two-Step Word Problems within 20
- We use a 4 square to solve problems (See Photo in last weeks post!)
- Please continue to work on 2 digit by 2 digit addition and subtraction within 100
- Example: 24+48=_____ 96-79=____
- Strategies: Base 10, Place Value, Numberline
- Example: 24+48=_____ 96-79=____
- Number talks will focus on adding up to subtract
- Please continue to count your pennies, nickles, and dimes and practice telling time to the nearest hour and half hour.