Tiger Trot is quickly approaching! Students will be running on Friday, November 10th.
Pledge packets will be coming home on Monday, October 23rd. Wardell's Warriors are looking to have 100% participation from our class. Please review the packet and share with family and friends. The Tiger Trot t-shirt order forms have already gone home and students can wear these on race day! Please place all orders by Friday, October 27th. Please stay tuned for more information to come!
On November 2nd, 2nd grade will be participating in a specials Veteran's Day performance. Students have been working with Mrs. Mungin to prepare. Please have all students to our classroom by 5:45 pm to prepare for a 6:30 start to the performance.Please also see the message below for more specific details :
Good Day Teasley Parents,
We are gearing up for our annual Veteran’s Day Celebration. Our fabulous 2nd Graders will entertain us with song, dance and spoken word as we honor those who have served our country. All are welcome to attend our celebration November 2nd at 6:30 in the Teasley Gym.
We would love to recognize moms, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles, neighbors and family friends who have served in any branch of the military at our program. If you know of anyone who would be a great honoree, please have them to sign up using the Google Link below. We are hoping for a great turn out. It will be an honor to see and shake hands of all who have served.
Deadline for honorees is November 1st.
Thank you so much for spreading the word about our program and we hope that you will join us.
This week is Red Ribbon Week. Please see below for a list of ways we are celebrating a healthy lifestyle!
Monday- Red Ribbon Day- Wear a red shirt and bring a healthy snack
Tuesday- Use Your Head to Make Positive Choices-Wear a hat or baseball cap
Wednesday- Be a Good Sport- Wear your favorite team to show teamwork
Thursday- Put Your Best Foot Forward- Wear mismatched crazy socks
Friday- Heroes Make Healthy Choices- Wear a superhero shirt or cape
**Friday is also a PTA spirit day, if you would like to wear something other than a superhero cape or shirt please bring $1.
Thank you to all volunteers and visitors for career day. We really enjoyed learning about all of our future opportunities!
Also, changes have been made to your Biblionasium log in by the county. Students recieved a bookmark with updated information. Also, please see information below from Mrs. Crosby:
Cobb Digital Library Home Access Update:
The Cobb Digital Library login has changed! The login credentials are now the same as your child’s Office 365 login.
www.mackinvia.com AND O365:
Password: Computer / Network password
The Biblionasium/Destiny login credentials have NOT changed. Students will still use their student number and computer / network password to access these databases.
Please remember to continue to work on Pumpkin book reports. These are due on Monday, October 30th and students will share these on Halloween. Looking forward to all of the creativity.
October 23rd- Tiger Trot Kick-off
October 26th-Bella's Spirit Night
October 27th- $1 Spirit Day
October 31st- Boo Grams
November 2nd- 2nd Grade Performance
November 3rd- All Pro Dads
November 7th- No School for Students
November 10th- Tiger Trot
Below you will find an outline of the topics we will be covering in class this week. Please be sure to check and initial the agenda every night and that your child is reading each evening. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)
- How to read non-fiction vs. fiction texts
- Asking and Answering questions about Non-Fiction texts
- Non-Fiction Texts in small group- Text features, asking and answering questions
- Retelling the Beginning, Middle, and End of a literature text.
- You can have your student write a short 2 sentences about the beginning, the middle, and the end for extra practice.
- Fluency- Reading like we talk, changing our voice when reading quotes
- Phonics Focus: Magic E
- Learned Words
- Daily 5 Centers
- Read to Self, Read to Someone, Word Work, Work on Writing, Listen to Reading
- Informational Writing
- Biographies about a classmate
- James Oglethorpe and the Settlement of Georgia
- Addition and Subtraction within 100 using Base 10 pictures, Place Value strategy, and Number Line (Please see curriculum videos tab or "cheat sheet" that you recieved at conferences to help with strategies)
- Number talks will focus fact fluency
- Please continue to count your pennies, nickles, and dimes and practice telling time to the nearest hour and half hour.